The Upton Social Club
This evening the prime minister gave his first daily briefing to the public after chairing an emergency Cobra meeting todecide new measures to tackle Covid-19 in Britain.
Boris Johnson has urged everybody in the UK to work from home, where possible and avoid pubs and restaurants so the NHS
will be able to cope with the coronavirus pandemic.
The Upton is, and always will be a social club, however given these unprecidented times it would be lax of the committee to ignore government advice.
Therefore we ask that if you have any of the following symtoms that you refrain from using the club and self isolate as per the guidelines.
1. Cough - this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
2. Difficulty breathing
3. Fever (high temperature) or chills
We also ask that if you feel well enough to attend the club that you observe the following:
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub if your hands are not visibly dirty.
2. Practice good respiratory hygiene, that is, when coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
3. Maintain social distancing, that is, leave at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth – if you touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your contaminated hands, you can transfer the virus from the surface to yourself.
Finally, regarding the government comments relating to gatherings, concerts etc. the committee has also taken the difficult decision, with immediate effect, to postpone Saturday Night entertainment until the end of May. The situation will be reviewed at that time.
We thank you all for your cooperation.